Votes: 89 78.1%
  • Have no clue

Votes: 4 3.5%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets find out if our members are using regular, synthetic blend or full synthetic motor oil.

·
Registered
19 Posts
5W-50 full synthetic in the Shelby, 5W-20 synthetic blend in the Focus, and just switched to full synthetic for wife's Ram.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I don't have my Raptor yet but I am going to run Full Synthetic Royal Purple in mine. I run it in my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 HD and my 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa and I love it W/Mobil 1 Filters
:box2:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I run Motorcraft full synthetic 5W 50 in the GT500
Full synthetic in the wife's commander
regular 10W 30 of what ever brand in the 2000 Cherokee Classic

In the Raptor I don't know what they suggest or what it comes with but I would go to a full synthetic almost for certain. I love Royal Purple (run it in the GT500 tranny and Diff) but it's a bitch to find around here so I likely would just use a more common brand of full synthetic.

A follow up question my be who will change your oil? I hate to admit it but I likely will not do it myself. The cost of the darn oil is about as much as just hitting the jiffy lube or what ever quick change place you have so I just go there (except for the GT500) and will continue to do that with the Raptor. I do watch them though :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I do my own oil-changes. I don't know exactly what's supposed to go in the Raptor, but will likely use 10w30 Mobil 1 with a Wix filter as I have with my current truck. That said, I (as I always have) will plan on "breaking the motor in" with conventional oil or whatever the manufacturer recommends for the first 6 oil-changes.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I do my own oil-changes. I don't know exactly what's supposed to go in the Raptor, but will likely use 10w30 Mobil 1 with a Wix filter as I have with my current truck. That said, I (as I always have) will plan on "breaking the motor in" with conventional oil or whatever the manufacturer recommends for the first 6 oil-changes.
10w30????? I don't want to come off like a smartass, but the Ford modular engines require 5w20 due to the tighter clearances and tappet design. I certainly wouldn't recommend the 10w30 even if it is full synthetic. Motorcraft 5w20 synthetic blend is more than sufficient for this application and a lot more cost effective in my opinion than a full synthetic. Have not had any of these engines apart that used full synthetic oil, that indicated the oil did any better than syn-blend or even conventional oil. JMHO.

In response the the original question, I will be running Motorcraft 5w20 syn-blend in my Raptor with Ford Racing oil filter(s).

·
Registered
591 Posts
10w30????? I don't want to come off like a smartass, but the Ford modular engines require 5w20 due to the tighter clearances and tappet design. I certainly wouldn't recommend the 10w30 even if it is full synthetic. Motorcraft 5w20 synthetic blend is more than sufficient for this application and a lot more cost effective in my opinion than a full synthetic. Have not had any of these engines apart that used full synthetic oil, that indicated the oil did any better than syn-blend or even conventional oil. JMHO.

In response the the original question, I will be running Motorcraft 5w20 syn-blend in my Raptor with Ford Racing oil filter(s).
thats exactly what i will be using, was debating on full synthetic, but the manufacturer suggest 5W20 synthetic blend...full synthetic will always be better, but i got free oil changes for the life of the vehicle, so i might cough up the extra cash for full synthetic...which will be about 20 bucks an oil change and i wont have to do it!:smileup:

·
Registered
696 Posts
I am a big user of Mobil1 and sure i will use that in hopefully my future Raptor :smileup: I now have recently ordered some AMSOIL oils for my ATV and maybe thinking of going to that for the Raptor when get but no mater what it will be full Syn for me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am going to run Mobil 1 0W-20

I was originally going to run Rotella T6 full syn 5w-40, but I learned that the 5.4L Triton engine has Varible Cam Timing and a 40wt oil could be a potential problem there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine's going to either run Royal Purple in EVERYTHING or just the Roush Valvoline motor oil, with HP Ford Racing Filters, I haven't decided yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts