F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im waiting for the 6.2 ? but not sure what the 5.0 is all about so here i am to check it out!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
The 6.2L is an all new engine. As it will come in the Raptor it's a SOHC 2V 2 plug per cylinder engine. It is first and foremost a truck engine in the Raptor, not a race engine, but I think it was designed with the flexibility to be a race engine. The wider bore spacing than current modular motors will allow displacements well above 6.2L. The published figures of 400HP and 400lbs./ft. torque will likely be surpassed (at least a bit) and given Ford's performance -vs- published numbers in the past, it should outperform any truck with similar power figures.

The 5.0L Coyote engine is a different animal altogether. I honestly don't know if it's an evolution of the current modular engine lineup, or something totally new. Either way it hasn't ever been mentioned as a Raptor engine, only Mustangs.

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Welcome to the best Ford Raptor SVT owners club forum on the net! Glad you joined our family of enthusiast! Enjoy the site!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome mva! I am curious about the 5.0 myself. Mainly for knowledge, because the 6.2 will still be a better truck engine due to the extra low end grunt that larger cubes bring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts