F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, just got the Raptor home and I was cleaning out the bed when I notice that there are seams in the bed where you can see through to the ground. (One seam is at the very front of the bed where it meets the vertical front section and the other 2 run lengthwise and are just seams in the flat bed.) Most other trucks I have been in usually have a heavy caulking applied to the bed seams even before they get painted. My question is, are they all this way or is mine missing something?

I imagine the Rhino Liner will likely fill these but was curious all the same. Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No this is way more than drain holes these are seams.
The one in the front runs the whole width of the bed and the lengthwise ones run the whole length.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK here is a picture. This is looking toward the front of the truck from leaning over the driver side of the bed at about the back tire. The red arrows point to the seam I mentioned at the front of the bed where it meets the front vertical section.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
OK here is a picture. This is looking toward the front of the truck from leaning over the driver side of the bed at about the back tire. The red arrows point to the seam I mentioned at the front of the bed where it meets the front vertical section.
If I remember correctly my '06 F-150 was the same way, I believe it's intentional for drainage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 F150 King Ranch that has the same feature... drainage for the bed. LineX bed liner does not block these slits. Not a problem for the past 3.5 years, other than occasionally trapping leaves, bark, etc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had the Rhino Liner installed Friday. The guy did a fantastic job the bed looks awesome!
The seams running lengthwise are now sealed. The one in the front was still open slightly. Once I install a Tonneau, I will likely seal the front with a black silicone. I don’t want water getting into the bed when hauling gear. When I need to hose out the bed I will park on a hill to let it drain. :smileup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts