F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my tires Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT on my 2012 Raptor. I got 45,000 miles out of them, so pleased with the tires, but any input on tires is appreciated. They are recommending I replace the front struts with Rancho Struts at an installed price of $1,390. The Raptor only has 90,000 miles and I am not aware of any suspension issues. This seems early to replace struts. Has anyone else replaced struts and how much did it cost?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
155 Posts
the stock fox struts are rebuildable if you didn’t know. also, i don’t think rancho sells anything that can out perform the factory fox socks in terms of off road capability. sounds like you are trying to down grade.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The recommended rebuild mileage periods are listed in the Raptor Owners Manual. For normal street use is 50K miles. Less miles if off-roaded a lot.

There are numerous companies that rebuild original Fox shocks including Fox themselves. Several companies offer exchange services, so the truck is not out of service for an extended time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You are past the mileage and age to either rebuild or buy new shocks. I recommend you stay with the Fox Shocks for fit, performance, and life of shock and buy OEM replacements. Rancho's are ok for light jeeps but not heavy Raptors. You should also replace any worn suspension bushings and the ball joints since it is taken apart.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to replace my tires Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT on my 2012 Raptor. I got 45,000 miles out of them, so pleased with the tires, but any input on tires is appreciated. They are recommending I replace the front struts with Rancho Struts at an installed price of $1,390. The Raptor only has 90,000 miles and I am not aware of any suspension issues. This seems early to replace struts. Has anyone else replaced struts and how much did it cost?

Thanks,

Bob
Tires:
I tried BFG Original and KO2 AT 35", BFG MT 35", Wrangler with Kevlar 35 " and BFG KO2 37s
Worst were the Wranglers only lasted 25K miles or so and got loud after about 7K miles, BFG MT to loud out of the gate and didn't feel round LOL
Best were BFG KO2 35s and 37s (I reprogrammed shift points to run 37s to eliminate bogging, so 35s if you don't want to change shifting...)

Shocks:
I have my fox shocks rebuilt when every I get bouncing or skipping on aggressive curves.
The truck is stable and has no skipping or push to the outside normally.
As soon as I get skip or it pushes out side I get the front fox shocks rebuilt and it goes away.
Funny thing is it is usually about 55-60K miles so not much beyond recommended mileage.

Cost 1st time was about $900 (all 4 with R&R), since then I now pull my front shocks/struts off myself, and take them down.
I get a faster turnaround and no R&R or shop rag fees etc. ;) So I save a few hundred each time and I know they are installed correctly.
** Cost can vary a bit, I had damage to a shaft last time and had to buy a shaft so there are variables.

I'm 177K miles almost ready for next rebuild.
I hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts