F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question is, which 5.4L will end up in the Raptor? Will it be the same 3V motor as the current F-150, or will it be the 4V of the GT500? My guess is the former, since it's coming off the same production line. Even so, there should be PLENTY of aftermarket parts for the motor as soon as the trucks hit the street!

First target is obvious - cold-air intake and tune! :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
I am sure it is the 3v as everything I’ve seen says this. While the 4v would be nice it really doesn’t affect my decision. I’m getting the 5.4l for 3 reasons, 1) I don’t want to wait 2) there are already so many performance parts available and 3) for the power levels I am considering the 5.4l 3v will be fine.

I plan to put as many miles as possible on it so that I don’t “waste” too much warranty when I put on the supercharger.

·
Registered
802 Posts
The only way I would get the 5.4 is if I was going to supercharge is right away. I will probably supercharge the 6.2 after a while anyways :naughty:

·
Registered
17 Posts
it has been said over the internet far and wide, the 3V will be the engine in it.
ive tried contacting Roush in regards to their supercharger for the 5.4L 04-08 F150, no word yet. but it could be promising, to add 145 hp...

only time will tell, which is a better investment.
horsepower or fuel eco...

the 5.4 is a proven engine

·
Registered
7 Posts
whipple maker the ford racing supercharger, it is nice and you can keep the warranty with it, but low boost. thats what im doing to my 6.2, then when the warranty is up up the boost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Screw Warrenties you can fix the truck yourself. Due to no emission rules where Im at Im trying to decide if I want to attempt a 460 crate engine swap or try an drop a 7.3 Powerstroke in the bad boy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got off the phone w/ Ford SVT (800/367-3788).....basically said that there are currently no plans on making a supercharger for the Raptor 5.4 3V, but if they get enough demand it could happen. I don't know for sure, but if they changed the engine for 2010 in all the trucks, there should easily be enough demand generated. So email Ford at [email protected] and let them know you're interested. BTW, he also said that they are going ahead w/ the 6.2, for whatever that is worth.

·
Registered
290 Posts
That just plain sucks if they really aren’t coming out with a s/c. I would much rather s/c and get 160 rwhp or roughly 180-200 at the crank. A weekend to install it and then take it to a tuner/dyno and I’m done. I don’t think the install would be as easy for a turbo. 129 rwhp sounds ok but 160 sounds better. Is this turbo a lot cheaper than a s/c? I thought they were usually more expensive and harder to install?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
What I really want to know is if there are any plans for the new Coyote 5.0 they want to put in the Mustang. That motor is supposedly going to be rated at 400hp as well, can't remember the tq.. I can't imagine Ford only using that in the Mustang.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts