F-150 Raptor Forums banner

Which engine are you going to get in your Raptor?

Votes: 110 36.7%

Votes: 190 63.3%
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't believe someone hasn't started this poll yet, so here goes!

Are you going to buy early and get the 5.4, or wait for the 6.2?

I'm definitely waiting for the 6.2!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'll be waiting for the 6.2

it seems there are two 6.2 engines.... some of the pictures show 6.2 BOSS on the air box and others just have 6.2 ??

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have been comtomplating this for a while, but I think I'll wait for the 6.2. I would kick myself if I didn't at least wait to test drive both before buying one.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I will be using mine in the back roads all of the time and mpg is a factor. The HP on the 6.2 is more but the torque specs. are about the same on both engines, this is an improvement made for the 5.4 Raptor motor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am undecided at this point. The main job of the truck is to trailer the car all over the place, with some fun time off-road on occasion. The 5.4 hauls pretty decently, but I am hoping to have the patience to at least test out the 6.2.

·
Registered
157 Posts
6.2 here. I hope no one orders the 5.4, so they will up the production date of the 6.2!

·
Registered
3 Posts
6.2 for me i have been in one, and i curently have a 05 lairat and the raptor will spank it I cant wait for the aftermarket to get a hold of one of these

·
Registered
4,251 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
In the words of Carroll Shelby, "Horsepower sells cars, but torque wins races!" I love the thought of the 6.2L, but if the 400hp/400ft-lb number is true, it's only 10 ft-lbs down from the 5.4L! Doesn't make that much of a difference. As long as the 5.4L can tow my wife's horse trailer, it's all we'll need!

I just wish we could get it with a 6-speed manual!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've used my 1999 4.6 L Triton (with 355 gears) to do EVERYTHING I have needed...including a 10000 lb. 5th wheel camper, John Deere tractor, hauling cars, whatever. My wife's 2005 Expedition has the 5.4 (373 gears), but is not as advanced of a motor as the Raptor's will be. My wife's Expedition weighs more but moves like a Mustang...there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with the 5.4; when coupled with 410 gears, it will be all the motor you'll EVER need. One thing that hasn't been brought up...for 10 more ft. lbs. of torque, how much heavier is the engine itself? The guy that orders at the Ford place told me today that he doesn't think the 6.2 will ever actually be a reality.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Personally if stocks are limited I'll get either one.. Just as long as i get my hands on a raptor. I'll definitely supercharge either one when I can. I'm not sure how soon I could with the 6.2 but I'd think that I could probably supercharge the 5.4l right away since that type of engine has been out for quite a while.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
The guy that orders at the Ford place told me today that he doesn't think the 6.2 will ever actually be a reality.
I work for Ford ..The 6.2 production line is in and has been going through debug out at the Romeo Engine plant. It started production officially on 6-6... it is comming..:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I work for Ford ..The 6.2 production line is in and has been going through debug out at the Romeo Engine plant. It started production officially on 6-6... it is comming..:smiley_thumbs_up:

I hope this is true, have an order with my dealer waiting to be placed the day they can do a real order with the 6.2. If they bow out again they may lose me to the other guys that have had a 405hp 6.2 available for some time.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts