F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Ford Raptor 6.2L

I have a white Smokey haze coming from my dash and air vents on the passenger side of the truck..

There is no Smokey or burnt smell, and near odorless.

AC is blowing cold and the passenger floorboard is dry. I have run the defrost on high heat and don’t see anything on the windshield.

I need some advise on where to start looking. Had two other mechanics look at me like I was crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
If your ac is working really good and its humid outside you might see that. Like opening a freezer door when its humid

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your ac is working really good and its humid outside you might see that. Like opening a freezer door when its humid
Only prob is I’m in West Texas and almost no humidity. Plus it will fill the whole cabin up when the truck is parked for a few hours.

It did it after my drive to work today and then I didn’t see anything at lunch. When leaving work I only saw a little bit...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Only prob is I’m in West Texas and almost no humidity. Plus it will fill the whole cabin up when the truck is parked for a few hours.

It did it after my drive to work today and then I didn’t see anything at lunch. When leaving work I only saw a little bit...

Can you elaborate on your statement “Plus it will fill the whole cabin up when the truck is parked for a few hours.”?

So it smokes when the engine is not running?

·
Registered
58 Posts
DirtyHookerSVT,
This is an odd one and I'd like to tell you, "Oh yeah, check your piston return springs. Seen this many times." But, can't tell you that. If the mist/haze only emanates from the passenger side the focus is there. I'm in step with the others that have responded. Guardrail is right about the humidity but here in Arizona we often have single digit humidity so haven't seen that recently. Sunder0 is right too; we need more info but here are some things for you to consider:

-Passenger side only and smoking while parked leads me to believe someone may have put something in the passenger-side register(s) to cause the haze. Have you given a ride to anyone lately that does practical jokes or perhaps doesn't care for you as a friend? If your R-134a was leaking it would come out all the registers or under the hood and you wouldn't have any A/C. Not sure it would set a trouble code but its possible.

-Any children ride in the front recently? Perhaps they wondered what was in that opening and dropped something in there.

-I'm running out of malicious things that could have been done but the list could be quite long. You don't smell anything burning but could a cigarette have been dropped in the register? How about smoking an illicit substance?

If the A/C system were not working properly you wouldn't have cold air. You don't list your skills but you can:

-Check to see if the compressor is cycling when the vehicle idles in your driveway. The compressor pulley should engage and cycle a few times every minute or so depending upon ambient temperature and dash settings.

-Contact a mechanic; he/she could connect a gauge set and obtain the readings for the low and high side. Normal readings depend upon location a little but the low side should be about 30 psi.

Good luck with this,
LZinAZ

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. Update:

Ran a can off expensive Stop Leak through my AC system since it went out not longer after posting this. After the stop leak and recharge can the AC still didn’t work. Long frustrating night summed up - replaced the AC pressure switch for 29.99 and it works better than it has before.

Since I did this I haven’t seen any of the haze from before.

I can smell a slight hint of coolant but haven’t seen any leaks or felt anything damp on passenger side. Adjusted the hose clamps on the hoses going into the firewall under the hood.

I was told heather core could have a very small pin hole that may only visually build up and accumulate the vapor once the air is stagnant in the truck...

True or not my AC is working and somewhere in these steps it stopped the hazing vapor crap from happening.

Thanks everyone for pitching in and lending advise!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts