F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean really honestly ordered one? not i have my dealer checking every day, not I'm ordering when it comes, Has anyone honestly ordered a 6.2L Boss?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
My dealer tells me that sometime in Sept. i will be able to order the 6.2. They are the largest SVT dealer in the US and only have one confirmed order for a Raptor 5.4. I believe that Ford wants to sell the 5.4 Raptors that are now being built before allowing the 6.2 to be ordered. It`s smart on there part, a lot of people waiting for the 6.2 are going to give in and buy the 5.4, the wait is killing me also and i`m trying not to give in to temptation.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just left a dealer here in San Diego on Saturday 8/29 after talking with the sales manager. He told me to come in on Monday when their fleet manager was going to be there so they could get something documented called a DORI (not sure if I spelled it correctly). They would take a copy of my ID and a 5.00 check at that time and put in an order for the 6.2. He said once I have the (DORI), then I will be at the front of the deliveries for the 6.2. I will let you all know what happens after I get back on Monday morning. I hope it's not sales B.S.

They had no better idea than us right now on the 1st deliveries.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I just went to the dealer thursday 8/27 and the option for the 6.2 is not available in the system yet. You can try to select it but it says it's not available until job 2, which from what they tell me is basically the second run on production. Job 2 from his estimations probably wont be until late oct. to november sometime.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just got back from the dealer Monday 8/31. Seems like the Raptor Forumz knows more than they do. The fleet manager tried to put my 6.2 order thru, and as MXrider38 stated above, it was not in the system as an option. The best they could tell me is that they will try every week until it goes thru. The sales manager did say he was curious as to what was going on and was going to contact someone he knew at SVT. Doubt that will net any info, but I will report if I here anything back. I guess I will now find out how patient I am.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So I swung by my local Ford dealer again today to look into a Raptor.

Yet again they told me that Ford is not even building Raptors yet, much less taking orders. (I heard the same thing last week) and they will not be available for several months at least.

That was TODAY, 09/05/2009!!

Ugh...

I told the salesman that not only are they available all over North America with customers taking delivery every day, but some people have already sold second-hand the the Raptor they bought (based on what I have read on the various web forums, those persons bought the wrong type of truck / misunderstood what they were buying) over a month ago.

Three separate sales associates told me I was mistaken... (they tried to gang up on me to buy a truck TODAY!!! LOLOLOLOL.... Bozos... I'm far,far past those ancient / antiquated sales techniques)

Oh, according to HB Ford, apparently all of you Raptor owners are wrong, you do not own Raptors. (per the Sales Associates at Huntington Beach, CA Ford)

Of course they were all too happy to try to sell me an FX4 TODAY!! (what a surprise). Of course,according the them, I did not really want a Raptor and an FX4 is really what I wanted...

Riiiiiiiiight...

Times have changed, but car sales personnel (2 were women, the second was pretty hot, but I'm way above that sex-sales garbage) have not progressed.

Fun, fun, fun...

Maybe in January...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Salespeople are such idiots. I've already seen a couple Raptors on lots. I have heard the 5.0 Mustangs will start hitting lots around June of next year. I wonder if the 6.2 will be the same?

·
Banned
84 Posts
I heard from a dealer in Phoenix today that they would be accepting orders for the 6.2L in mid-November, and that there were no current pricing incentives. He said "I will share with you that it will be a pricey rascal." lol

He also said they have 5 more of the 5.4L's inbound - expected to arrive in 6-8 weeks from now.

A friend of mine who dates the daughter of the sales manager at a different dealership said there are no current incentives on the 5.4L's they have (or had), but that they could deal on the 6.2L once they're available for order. I'm going to take that one with a grain of salt.

Good luck out there; I'm trying to get into one of the 6.2's if I can align the stars right.

·
Banned
84 Posts
They will cost three grand more, that`s not a whole lot.
I agree - it would cost a lot more than $3k on the aftermarket to make up the difference starting with a 5.4L.

I think he meant that you're going to pay full price regardless - no special incentives.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I got a friend who brought a new Titan with little or no options. The rear bumper is painted and now has several Rust spots. The dealer won't do anything cuz they claim all Titan's came with a Chrome bumper and he must have change it out. Even the Reg. Rep sais no Titan's came with a painted bummper. And now he can't get S%it for it on a trade in.

dly Blue Flame Raptor ordered 8-29

·
Registered
12 Posts
My local dealer is telling me that I can order the 6.2 around the second week in October. We will see.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts