F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted the Sony BUT they stated you have to order the upgraded Int. package $1600 plus. Who has heard the stock Raptor radio and what do you think?
Thanks for the imput..Billy

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wanted the Sony BUT they stated you have to order the upgraded Int. package $1600 plus. Who has heard the stock Raptor radio and what do you think?
Thanks for the imput..Billy
I had a 2006 F150 with standard sterio and 6 CD changer and to this day stil feel it is one of the best sounding OEM sterios i have every come across. I suspect the sterio that comes in the Raptor will be fine.

I'm more concerned about the symphony in the rear. I surely hope they use mufflers that evoke some emotion. The design team for the 2001 Bullitt came up with special mufflers to get the sound they wanted, so the Bullitt would sound very similar to the 390 car in the movie Bullitt and they did a great job of it. Don't have to be loud just be able to hear it and it sound good and strong. I just sold my Titan and one of the best attributes of that truck was the sound of the exhaust.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Even though I will be changing the exhaust if you search for the bullrun videos I beleive Day 1 has a part where they powerbrake the truck and take off and it sounds pretty throaty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Raptor

Well I heard the Sony one and sounds pretty good, but I ordered mine with it but will be gutting it to put in my Kenwood 9140 7" touchscreen DVD/GPS/CD player and of course changing all the speakers out and loading it up with all my amps and equipment from my 2006 F150 I traded in.
I ordered the orange Raptor with all the bells and whistles and the seat rim and all. Even the luxury package, but even if it is the top of line it is just not good enough. My Kenwood 9140 is the top of the line anywhere and as for speakers I am sponsored by Soundstream so you can guess, I have three Amps going in it 2-TRX1500D Tarantulas for woofers and the Reference Series for doors as well as the SCELL-1000 and my 5X7 front and rear door speakers and my Minitube sound processor. I like real music and not SPL I enter SQ competitions and that is Sound Quality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts