F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's keeping their 2010 model Raptors vs trading in or selling for a 2011/2012 model? I'm thinking about changing to a 2012 model to upgrade to the 6.2L plus the other upgrades. But then again, I love my 2010 model and the 5.4L........It would be alot cheaper to just keep mine!!! Just curious! ;)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Keeping mine til the wheels fall off! But i've got the 6.2 so.....

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am

Love the truck even though it ONLY has the 5.4. Lots to mod on it so I intend to have some fun with it. Plenty of power and quite the attention getter. 5.4 all the way. :smileup:

·
Registered
403 Posts
i really like some of the small features of the 2011+ raptors. like the faster windows, dash cluster and a few other small features, like the six two litre..

my trucks doing very well though. it's got a great custom tune by lidio to support my cams and exhaust. I have considered selling my truck multiple times. But at my age and the economy, i think it would only set me back. I'll probably add a blower and keep the truck forever.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had a 2010 Raptor w/6.2L and basic features. Only reason I "upgraded" to the 2011 was to get the crew cab to make life easier on my kids sitting in the back seat. Otherwise, would have kept the 2010.

I do like the newer features of the 2011 such as the in dash display and the select shift transmission, but that was not really enough to make me switch. I don't have the 5.4L so can't comment on whether that would make me switch. Sorry to throw fuel on the fire but the 6.2L is simply awesome.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I already traded my 5.4 for the 2010 6.2. I am keeping this one for a long time.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I luv my 2010 6.2. It will be a year old the end off May. Wouldn't think of trading it in. I will also be driving it until the wheels fall off.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
i really like some of the small features of the 2011+ raptors. like the faster windows, dash cluster and a few other small features, like the six two litre..

my trucks doing very well though. it's got a great custom tune by lidio to support my cams and exhaust. I have considered selling my truck multiple times. But at my age and the economy, i think it would only set me back. I'll probably add a blower and keep the truck forever.
I just talked to Lid today about my Whipple and he brought you up Hit...
I'm keeping my "10" 6.2 till I bend it in half..:smileup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
If it's just the increased power that's got you wanting a newer truck then it would probably be cheaper to add a supercharger to your current truck. Mods are fun and they're not usually the "cheaper" option :smileup:.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have no interest in changing to the 11-12 models and personally prefer the Xcab model more.
I do agree with you about liking the Super Cab better. I got to see a Super Crew in person this weekend and even got to test drive it. The truck looks great but it seems too long for my taste. But, if I had kids, I'd prob go with the Screw. I loved the power of the 6.2L! I love my 5.4L but this trucks HP was amazing. Loved the Productivity Screen and the NAV. Still not sure about trading up to a 6.2L. It really would be hard to see my 2010 go! :str:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm keeping my 10' 5.4L. I love having one of the first run Raptors. While I know there's no replacement for displacement, the 5.4 does a great job hauling a$# besides, when I feel the need for speed I park the truck and jump on my CBR1000RR.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Love my truck. Keeping it til they bury me in it. To many mods to think of getting a newer one. Plus mine has no problems. Also no "CLUNK".

1 - 20 of 69 Posts