F-150 Raptor Forums banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Who's keeping their 2010 model Raptors vs trading in or selling for a 2011/2012 model? I'm thinking about changing to a 2012 model to upgrade to the 6.2L plus the other upgrades. But then again, I love my 2010 model and the 5.4L........It would be alot cheaper to just keep mine!!! Just curious! ;)
Unless FORD can fix my engine problem, i may be asking them to upgrade me to an '11 for free. It is going back in this week. FireRaptor

·
Registered
245 Posts
Happy as a clam with my '10. I can cause enough trouble with the 5.4, besides whats the fun of it if you cant afford to drive it?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Keeping my 2010 5.4! Although it's in the shop right now because the airbag light is on...LOL.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got mine before I even heard of the 6.2 coming in them... Plus i count it as my first truck.. And who can part with that at the moment.. New bumpers on the way with light bar.. Doing a perch adjustment then new tailgate... Graphics next month... Twin turbo sometime in the future... Me and it we be together forever.. I would marry it if someone hadn't beat it to it... I love my truck :')

·
Registered
95 Posts
Rainbows

I'm keeping my 2010 6.2! You can chase rainbows forever and spend money like there's no tomorrow trying to keep up with the Jones, the grass will always be greener on the other side of the fence! I love my truck and plan on keeping it for 8 to 10 years like every other vehicle I've ever owned. Until then you will just have to wait to see my 2020 Raptor and all it's cool features. :Hey:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Who's keeping their 2010 model Raptors vs trading in or selling for a 2011/2012 model? I'm thinking about changing to a 2012 model to upgrade to the 6.2L plus the other upgrades. But then again, I love my 2010 model and the 5.4L........It would be alot cheaper to just keep mine!!! Just curious! ;)
I've never owned such an awesome truck that is also beyond fully loaded. I'll be keeping my 5.4L angry demon until she falls apart. And then I will be sad.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Don't know if I'll keep it as I get bored and generally change vehicles every year or two. I certainly woldn't trade if for a '11 or '12 though. I don't get the whole need room for my kids thing. I put my adult brothers in the back of my Scab all the time and they don't complain and they're 6'4". Also, I love the guages on the '10. Don't really care for the new gages.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah..I saw the supercrew around town and I like it. Just not enough to buy it. I got the 6.2 '10 model so I got the best of both worlds IMHO. That being model and engine. And if I need more space my fiancee and I will just drive the A6.

·
Registered
60 Posts
:smileup:I am happy with my 5.4 Tuxedo first run truck. Keeping up with the Jones is not in my DNA. It is loaded and fast enough to still get me in trouble.

·
Registered
74 Posts
For the last 30 years before the Raptor I've only owned 3 vehicles & all 3 of them were Ford F-150 4x4's so it's a no brainer what I plan to do.

·
Registered
559 Posts
considering it would cost another 15-20k to trade just so I could have the shift lever thingy and a different instrument cluster... nope. Now release a new Raptor with an all aluminum 500+hp engine, I'm all over it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Now release a new Raptor with an all aluminum 500+hp engine, I'm all over it.[/QUOTE]

now that got my attention! i'd be tempted.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
(It's my real girlfriend)

All I need are my KTMs and Raptor. Keeping it till the wheels fall off :gy:

·
Registered
49 Posts
For now the plan is to keep it. If they release a Eco boost version I'll think about it. Yes it's only a 5.4 but like others have said you can fix the horsey power real easy.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ill be keeping mine for a while yet no plans to get anything new still love the truck as much as I did when I first got it. This truck was my first brand new vehicle plus I had the first one in my city that was a great feeling.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Happy as a clam with my '10. I can cause enough trouble with the 5.4, besides whats the fun of it if you cant afford to drive it?
It's not as much a matter of afford as a matter of features being what I want and use. The 5.4 is a much better match for me. I love my 2010 5.4 and had no interest in the 6.2, even though it was available at the time.

The range of the vehicle is a big deal to me- I can usually go more than 420 miles on mine, and get around 16.5-19.0 mpg on the road. Offroad (with all the settings adjusted and fully loaded and at 4000ft) I've still gotten 11 or 12 mpg- which is what a lot of the 6.2 guys say they get normally. Even with the larger gas tank, the 6.2s have no more range and simply cost a lot more to fill up.

I use the payload capacity in mine but not the towing capacity, so the insignificant payload increase (10%, or 100#) for the 6.2 is of no value to me as well. If I did towing, that might be a different story.

I don't need the SuperCrew and actually think they make the lines and appearance of the truck worse, so that has zero appeal to me as well. The 2010 5.4 wheelbase and overall length were huge appeals to me, for the property I run around on with mine. A lot of the woods and mountains I've gone tearing around in simply could not handle a longer truck with a longer wheelbase.

I've never had issues with the smaller engine, though I know some folks have. I've run up and down mountains fully loaded, on and off road, and have had it airborne several times. I'm sure the 6.2 could do that faster, but then again I'd be eating trees or plummeting off the mountainside where I use mine if I went any faster. I beat 6 other vehicles on my last mountain run, fully loaded with people and gear- and I still waited almost 10 minutes for the second vehicle to catch up (and I was hauling all the gear of that vehicle's occupants too!).

I understand guys who want and love their other models, but mine is perfect for me and for where and what I use it for.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Don't know if I'll keep it as I get bored and generally change vehicles every year or two. I certainly woldn't trade if for a '11 or '12 though. I don't get the whole need room for my kids thing. I put my adult brothers in the back of my Scab all the time and they don't complain and they're 6'4". Also, I love the guages on the '10. Don't really care for the new gages.
I agree 100%, really how much room does a kid really need back there, a couch and play room? kids are so spoiled these days, i too have had adults sit in the back and never once have i had a complaint in fact i have had the opposite. The gauges on the `10 are true SVT and not the warm and cuddly version as the `11 for me it`s a distraction against the `11. Not enough changes to consider trading in my `10.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I enjoy my 2010 6.2L.. Get around 600KM to a tank, I don't need a longer truck so the first version is fine by me... Most I will do is some more fuel economy mods to it, maybe slap a supercharger on it (not too sure yet)..

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's not as much a matter of afford as a matter of features being what I want and use. The 5.4 is a much better match for me. I love my 2010 5.4 and had no interest in the 6.2, even though it was available at the time.

The range of the vehicle is a big deal to me- I can usually go more than 420 miles on mine, and get around 16.5-19.0 mpg on the road. Offroad (with all the settings adjusted and fully loaded and at 4000ft) I've still gotten 11 or 12 mpg- which is what a lot of the 6.2 guys say they get normally. Even with the larger gas tank, the 6.2s have no more range and simply cost a lot more to fill up.

I use the payload capacity in mine but not the towing capacity, so the insignificant payload increase (10%, or 100#) for the 6.2 is of no value to me as well. If I did towing, that might be a different story.

I don't need the SuperCrew and actually think they make the lines and appearance of the truck worse, so that has zero appeal to me as well. The 2010 5.4 wheelbase and overall length were huge appeals to me, for the property I run around on with mine. A lot of the woods and mountains I've gone tearing around in simply could not handle a longer truck with a longer wheelbase.

I've never had issues with the smaller engine, though I know some folks have. I've run up and down mountains fully loaded, on and off road, and have had it airborne several times. I'm sure the 6.2 could do that faster, but then again I'd be eating trees or plummeting off the mountainside where I use mine if I went any faster. I beat 6 other vehicles on my last mountain run, fully loaded with people and gear- and I still waited almost 10 minutes for the second vehicle to catch up (and I was hauling all the gear of that vehicle's occupants too!).

I understand guys who want and love their other models, but mine is perfect for me and for where and what I use it for.
Well said tap!

21 - 40 of 69 Posts