F-150 Raptor Forums banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
without a doubt, i am keeping my 2010 5.4 Raptor.

I currently have 30K miles on it, its running like a champ and with gas prices the way they are, i truly like the capability of utilizing E85 if need be along with my 17 to 18 MPG with 87 octane. I am running this MPG at high elevation, 6000 p[lus feet above sea level. I talked with a few 6.2 owners and they are getting 10 MPG out here at best...some at 11 to 12 if that on a good day on the highway.

I can trade in my raptor at a dealership and get more than what i owe on it, get 2K for a drop in replacement...but it makes no sense considering 3 years from now, my truck will be paid for in full. At that time, i will invest on a nice blower, or twin turbos and will be dead happy with a paid off turbo/super charged raptor with good gas mileage.

Now if they had an eco boost 5.0L raptor for sale...i might consider. :smileup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2010 6.2 moltan orange that I purchased last October. I would have no reason to change, and the fact that they are no longer going to offer the moltan orange in 2012 which I feel it the signature color for this vehicle. I plan on running this one also for a very long time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Trade It

I traded my 2010 5.4 for the 2011 6.2 because I wanted the four door. I am so pleased with the improvements. I had the 03HD Aniversary F150 before I got the 2010 and I sure missed those back doors. I got a decent trade in value plus the interest rate dropped a point and a half!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Keeping my 6.2 2010, just seems like it's getting broke in with 20,000 miles on it, no issues yet except the wife keeps harping at me when I go to off road mode.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a '10 6.2 and see NO reason to "upgrade".

Sure, the new dash with the new DIC is pretty cool.

However, the wife would literally kill me.

In '13 or '14 and with 500HP, probably will. Now? No...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Keeping

2010 5.4, no issues, plan on keeping. I did drive a buddies 6.2, not enough difference to push me to trade. I bought the first Raptor to hit the dealership in the fall of 2009. I really like the truck , I assure I would love the 6.2 but I have not interest in the bigger back doors or larger cab.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ill be keeping it till the next redesign of the F-150. They should be due for a new model around 2014-15.
That certainly makes sense.
The way I see it, you have 2 years to decide. It could be that they will stop making Raptors with the new design. Maybe it'll roll over. Who knows?
You'll have plenty of time to pick up a 6.2 if they stop production.
If you have money to burn, go for it. Otherwise, lay back and see what happens.
Patience Luke, patience...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I plan on keeping mine a long time. It's the only way to get your money back out of a vehicle. IMHO. Every year or so there will be newer/neater features coming out that would be nice to have, but that means I'd be trading every couple years and that just doesn't make sense unless you have a lot of extra cash to do so.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Keeping my 5.4. I got my order in last minute just to be able to get the 5.4. This is the right motor for my needs. It does need a tune to be more responsive through the first few gears. Its my daily driver. It then gets worked hauling three big boy quads a few times a month including trips up through the mountains. Its done work towing a few cars once through three states. As this is my first truck i'm impressed all around...does these things well and then it capable of jumping and thrashing offing road and respectable gas mileage! I'd only be interested in upgrading if they throw in the echo boost ...as mentioned in previous posts.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Keeping my '10 6.2. Done quite a few mods, so my plan is to keep it for a long time and keep improving it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I traded in my 5.4 i had now over 2 years and 50k on it time for the new 2012, plus my son's ecoboost is faster than mine, i can't have that. They dealer expects delivery in mid january, plus i'm gaining a extra 1000 on the trade in from what i owe.

·
Registered
45 Posts
2010 6.2L here, definitely keeping it. Changed the muffler, and replaced damn near everything behind the cab after a kid rear ended me at a stop sign (doing about 35, no intention of stopping). $18k of his money and 6 weeks later, good as new!

My trade in will be from my 2009 Focus to a 2013 Focus ST. It's such a letdown to go back to the daily driver right now after a weekend in the Raptor, and I want a car with 3 pedals...

·
Registered
276 Posts
2010 6.2 here as well - keeping it. Fo Sho.

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
Keeping my '10, it's almost modd'd the way I want it, still has lots of warrranty, why would I get rid of it?? :)

41 - 60 of 69 Posts