F-150 Raptor Forums banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
'10 Blue 6.2, and wouldn't give it up! There's not enough new or better on the '11 or '12 to push me there, and at 30k miles, it still drives new.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Love my 2010 Raptor with the 5.4, I have no interests in trading it in for another one at this time. I will wait for a few more years and then see what they have to offer in the Raptors then, like maybe 2014. My 5.4 does everything I need or have asked it to do, it is a good strong running motor which has had no issues at all so again see no reason to trade it in. If If you want my opinion, I vote keep your 2010 with the 5.4 until it is at least four or five years old and by then they will have a whole new line out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
or.. how about swapping a 6.2L crate motor + wiring harness in your 2010 with existing 5.4L... might be a cheaper route ;)

·
Registered
559 Posts
If you do swap, you'll want to either re-valve/change the spring on your front shocks or swap in a pair off a 6.2, they aren't setup the same.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2010 6.2L here, definitely keeping it. Changed the muffler, and replaced damn near everything behind the cab after a kid rear ended me at a stop sign (doing about 35, no intention of stopping). $18k of his money and 6 weeks later, good as new!

My trade in will be from my 2009 Focus to a 2013 Focus ST. It's such a letdown to go back to the daily driver right now after a weekend in the Raptor, and I want a car with 3 pedals...
dweezil,

I'm with you Focus ST all the way baby!!!!!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Totally agree.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts