F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing the white Raptor, I'm salivating.
But, I need to know if it will fit in a standard garage?

·
Registered
290 Posts
It should, it's about the same size of an FX4. The mirrors are the same width, it's the same length and maybe a couple inches taller than a stock FX4.

I used to have a Dodge 3/4 ton HD 4x4 and it fit in a very small standard single stall insulated garage. I could only open one door but it did fit. So I bet as long as an FX4 clears and has a couple inches to the roof the Raptor should fit. Wheel wells are wider but that should make no difference.

I should add that most likely the AM/FM radio antenna will hit going in and out. If it was just the sound that's one thing but it was sratching both my garage and the tip of the antenna. I just bought a shorter antenna, so basically I gave up some signal strength, never listen to the AM/FM radio anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good to know it will fit at home.
I also hope it fits in some of the parking garages I go to. I saw on a Ford brochure the height is 6' 6.4" (78.4 inches) so I will likely have to watch closely.

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My garage has an 80" high door opening.
The floor measures 18' with a 2 1/2' raised easment.
So it should fit.I will have to find another spot for the dirt bike, since it sits on the easment in front of my Aviator.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If I read that right, and you basically have 20 1/2 feet of front to back room then yes it should barely fit with a tiny about of room in front and rear. I hope you're getting the rear camera because it helps tremendously with backing into a tight space.

Height sounds ok, what about the width? I guess if it's tight you can always fold the mirrors in each time. I have a inch or two on each side with mirrors out if I get it centered.

·
Registered
242 Posts
sat/nav comes with a small antenna on the roof, but still the standard antenna on the hood/fender. one important thing to remember THIS TRUCK WILL NOT FIT INTO MOST AUTOMATIC CAR WASHES! I read that on one of the websites about it. apparently it only had 5mm-10mm clearance coming down the assembly line

·
Registered
290 Posts
I really hope it fits in my local touchless wash, becuase all I have it hard water at the house and I don't like to wash with it. My last two cars had problems with nasty stuff building up on the paint.

I guess I'll have to check the max dimensions of the wash and pray that they are correct!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I checked our local car wash and the man said NOPE, we don't want to buy any Ford Rapture's as the width is too wide for the mechanics of most car washes, he said no trouble to use the do your on car wash next door.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts