F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2014 raptor. Had no problems with it until today. Tried to start my truck and it just stayed cranking. Literally will stay cranking by it self. Has anyone has had problems like that. Checked my battery and its good.
Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a 2014 raptor. Had no problems with it until today. Tried to start my truck and it just stayed cranking. Literally will stay cranking by it self. Has anyone has had problems like that. Checked my battery and its good.
Thank you[/QU

I had a similar issue. Wife used my 2013 to haul some equipment. Truck wouldn't start after driving 15miles. It was blown fuel pump fuse. Its an easy fix. Relocation kit about $30 and an hour or so of basic hand tools. There is a TSB on this. That is my first guess.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is Fuse 27, had this same issue about four months ago. Went to the dealership, they swap out the Fuse and bam started up.
on my box 70 and 71 slots were open and I put it in slot 71 instead of 70, should not be an issue since they both were free. and I can swap it to 70 later on when I have nothing to do. but I should be fine right! thanks for all you guys help!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Why 71? And why move it from 71 to 70 later?
Well I dont have a manuel for my truck and was going by spotting it also was not able to flip my box over like I seen most do on F150s in the videos as there is all kinds of aftermarket stuff under the hood and after removing all clips etc it still was too tight so I did the whole install face up and eye ball it. they had two slots and once I put it snug into 71 I realized it was the wrong one as the manuel and all of you say 70 I slightly tugged on the wire but it was snug and was not sure how to remove it or if I could just pull it out without stretching the wire compromising it so I left it.

as to 71 to 70 later, that is in regards to if all of you tell me it has to be in 70 as if 71 has a special purpose I do not yet know as with my Raptor everything is all over the place and partly stripped so as I restore it I find out all kinds of stuff lol. - Now if 71 does not have a factory use already and is just an open slot like 70 then no big deal I will just draw a 1 over the 0 on the sticker we all put inside our fuse box cover., And if you guys tell me 71 is supposed to do a purpose from the factory and is not an open slot like 70 then I will swap them. --

Either way I appreciate all of you guys help and support. I gave a shot out to you guys and the forum on my video for helping me with this fix. though the video might be comical as it was my first time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well I dont have a manuel for my truck and was going by spotting it also was not able to flip my box over like I seen most do on F150s in the videos as there is all kinds of aftermarket stuff under the hood and after removing all clips etc it still was too tight so I did the whole install face up and eye ball it. they had two slots and once I put it snug into 71 I realized it was the wrong one as the manuel and all of you say 70 I slightly tugged on the wire but it was snug and was not sure how to remove it or if I could just pull it out without stretching the wire compromising it so I left it.

as to 71 to 70 later, that is in regards to if all of you tell me it has to be in 70 as if 71 has a special purpose I do not yet know as with my Raptor everything is all over the place and partly stripped so as I restore it I find out all kinds of stuff lol. - Now if 71 does not have a factory use already and is just an open slot like 70 then no big deal I will just draw a 1 over the 0 on the sticker we all put inside our fuse box cover., And if you guys tell me 71 is supposed to do a purpose from the factory and is not an open slot like 70 then I will swap them. --

Either way I appreciate all of you guys help and support. I gave a shot out to you guys and the forum on my video for helping me with this fix. though the video might be comical as it was my first time.
It worked fine thank you I drew a 1 over the 0 and kept the 70 free for another use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts