F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed this winch mount?

Been thinking about picking up a winch from Harbor Freight.

Or does anyone have other suggestions on installing a winch to stock raptor?

thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure which mount you posted above.

SDHQ makes this mount which looks pretty nice:

http://sdhqoffroad.com/fordraptorhiddenwinchmount.aspx

I'll be picking one of these up and moving my 9.5ti from my Jeep to the Raptor once I'm an owner. If you intend to use the winch, I would stay away from Harbor Freight. If you are on a budget, I'd hold out for a used Warn, or go with Ramsey or SuperWinch.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure which mount you posted above.

SDHQ makes this mount which looks pretty nice:

http://sdhqoffroad.com/fordraptorhiddenwinchmount.aspx

I'll be picking one of these up and moving my 9.5ti from my Jeep to the Raptor once I'm an owner. If you intend to use the winch, I would stay away from Harbor Freight. If you are on a budget, I'd hold out for a used Warn, or go with Ramsey or SuperWinch.
Perfect man, thanks! If I don't replace the whole bumper altogether with an ADD bumper w/ winch then I'll definitely get this SDHQ mount.

As far as the winch goes, it won't get used much I'd predict. Unless it's a random pulling someone out of a ditch in winter :p

·
Registered
194 Posts
Perfect man, thanks! If I don't replace the whole bumper altogether with an ADD bumper w/ winch then I'll definitely get this SDHQ mount.
As far as the winch goes, it won't get used much I'd predict. Unless it's a random pulling someone out of a ditch in winter :p
Going to ADD on Monday for bumpers will post pics up later, but front has a 2" flush mounted receiver. I have a winch that mounts that way which I have had for years and many vehicles. The only two times I was ever stuck I needed to be winched backward, so the receiver hitch is the best for me.

:ura1::ura1::ura1::ura1::ura1::ura1::ura1::ura1::ura1::ura1::ura1::ura1::ura1::ura1::ura1:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
759 Posts

Besides the mount we make for the OEM bumper, you are also able to run a winch with either of our three bumpers-

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does either the Stealth or Stealth Fighter bumper not interfere with the front camera? I know the Venom would work. I just like the others for protected mounts for smaller driving/fog lights. Looking at winch mount fyi.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I mounted a 10K Warn using a Rough Country 1010 mount. Using the very scientific "eyeball" method, the front end appears to have dropped a little. I figure it's about 150# or so total. Anybody else experienced something similar or have a comment to make?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts