F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yeah mine actually went DOWN from my 2007 sport trac, figure that one out! I think it's right around that same price range, can't remember if I got the 500 or 1k deductable though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My full coverage went up a grand total of $4/year, going from a 2006 Toyota Tacoma Double-Cab 4x4 TRD Off-Road to the Raptor...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Not Geico, but here's another company for comparison ...............

I have "full-coverage" with $500 deductible through State Farm - I also have my home-owners through them.

My insurance went up about $20/year going from a 2006 Ford Escape XLT to a 2010 Ford F-150 Raptor.

I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
My insurance company is USAA and I also traded in a 2007 Tacoma Double Cab, TRD Off-Road. My insurance went up $6/month with a $500 deductible. I am happy with it and really surprised with such a little increase in my rate.

Basically for two vehicles, the other being a '91 Landcruiser with minimal coverage and still with a $500 deductible, I pay approx. $6X.XX a month.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My insurance company is USAA and I also traded in a 2007 Tacoma Double Cab, TRD Off-Road. My insurance went up $6/month with a $500 deductible. I am happy with it and really surprised with such a little increase in my rate.

Basically for two vehicles, the other being a '91 Landcruiser with minimal coverage and still with a $500 deductible, I pay approx. $6X.XX a month.
I will be using USAA as well but I am not really too worried about the insurance cost of my Truck. I have a teenage daughter with one accident under her belt already. The insurance on her 2002 Honda Accord costs us more than my wife's 2006 RX 8.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I will be using USAA as well but I am not really too worried about the insurance cost of my Truck. I have a teenage daughter with one accident under her belt already. The insurance on her 2002 Honda Accord costs us more than my wife's 2006 RX 8.
Oh I understand the cost of having a teenage daughter on an policy. My daughter is now on her own...responsibility is a must. Nonetheless I have always been pleased with USAA's auto insurance pretty much due to the customer service they provide.

Now I am looking at adding a GT500 to the mix and that will add another $50 a month or so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh I understand the cost of having a teenage daughter on an policy. My daughter is now on her own...responsibility is a must. Nonetheless I have always been pleased with USAA's auto insurance pretty much due to the customer service they provide.

Now I am looking at adding a GT500 to the mix and that will add another $50 a month or so.
Yes, eventually she will have to suck up her own costs but for now I feel much better helping with the payments rather than having her in some "beater" she can afford.

We got a good deal on the car used for her 16th birthday since the previous owner already bought a new car and they were desperate to sell. She is 17 now and already frustrated by how fast FICA Tax, gas, and maintenance costs dry up her part time job paycheck.

LOL Wait until she learns how much insurance costs too. We did make her pay the $500 deductible when she had her first fender bender. Her driving improved greatly after that.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yes, eventually she will have to suck up her own costs but for now I feel much better helping with the payments rather than having her in some "beater" she can afford.

We got a good deal on the car used for her 16th birthday since the previous owner already bought a new car and they were desperate to sell. She is 17 now and already frustrated by how fast FICA Tax, gas, and maintenance costs dry up her part time job paycheck.

LOL Wait until she learns how much insurance costs too. We did make her pay the $500 deductible when she had her first fender bender. Her driving improved greatly after that.
When my daughter was living here I paid for half of her insurance and left her responsible for fuel and anything else she wanted/needed outside of insurance. She's 19 this year and out of the house...typical of most teenagers.

Yeah, your daughter has no idea especially with an accident on her record. It is truly going to suck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts